1. What is Blackberry Service?
It is a leading e mail solution in the world that ensures secure transmission of your emails from your e mail server to your Blackberry smart phone via Vodacom internet network. With Blackberry you can enjoy unlimited email and internet access all day long wherever you are.
2. What services does Blackberry device/smart phone offer?
Blackberry device/smart phone offers both normal Vodacom services and Blackberry services.
3. What are the Blackberry services?
There are two types of Blackberry services. These are:
- Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) and
- Blackberry Enterprise Solution (BES)
4. what are the differences between these two services i.e. BIS and BES
BES - is targeted to Corporate clients and large organizations including governments while
BIS - is targeted to Individual customers and small businesses.
6. What are the Vodacom services?
All services as used with subscribers with normal phones i.e. SMS, Internet and Voice
7. What are the charges for the Vodacom services?
Customers will be charged at their normal applicable tariffs (Vodajaza or Contract tariff)
8. What are the charges for Blackberry services for post paid hybrid and prepaid customers?
|Subscriptions||Postpaid||Hybrid||Prepaid||To purchase, SMS keyword to 15300.|
|Blackberry BIS month to month||36,000||36,000||N/A||N/A|
|Blackberry BIS for 30 days||N/A||36,000||36,000||BLACKBERRY1|
|Blackberry BIS for 90 days||N/A||99,000||99,000||BLACKBERRY3|
|Blackberry BIS for 180 days||N/A||180,000||180,000||BLACKBERRY6|
|Blackberry BES month to month||54,000||54,000||N/A||N/A|
9. How can Vodacom Post paid customers acquire Blackberry device and Services
Blackberry devices can be purchased at the market or at Vodashops.
10. What other packages can post paid customers get Blackberry services?
Packages available are Talk 200, Talk 500 and Talk 1000
11. What will happen if I won't pay for my blackberry services?
After 30, 90 or 180 days depending on the period of subscription the Blackberry Services will be disconnected and customer will be remained with Vodacom services only.
12. How much does the blackberry device cost?
We have two types of Blackberry devices
-Blackberry Pearl 8110 smartphone which is being sold at Tshs. 699,000/-
-Blackberry Curve 8320 smartphone which is Tshs. 735,000/=
13. Where do I get these smart phones?
Smartphones are available at all Vodashops across Tanzania.
14. After recharging with a Blackberry voucher how long can one use the blackberry services?
Blackberry subscription is available for 30 days, 90 days and 180 days respectively depending on the value of the voucher he/she purchased.
15. If a Vodacom customer with Blackberry device travels outside of Tanzania, will he/she be able to use his blackberry device?
Yes, Provided that he has paid for his Blackberry services and has a data enabled sim card.
Please remember to advice customers that standard data roaming
charges will apply when Blackberry services are used outside of
16. What are the countries that a post-paid customer can roam with his Blackberry device?
NOTE: Standard data roaming tariffs apply, Blackberry subscription apply on usage within Tanzania
17. Who can get this service?
Blackberry service is available to both Post paid and prepaid customers.
18. Can I use my IN account to top up for my blackberry service?
Yes, provided that you have sufficient amount required for the period you want to subscribe to the service.
19. What is the procedure to top up your Blackberry service account?
Send a keyword BLACKBERRY1, BLACKBERRY3 and BLACKBERRY6 to subscribe to the service for 30, 90 and 180 days respectively for both Prepaid & VodaJaza subscriptions.
20. Does blackberry device work across networks?
Yes, Blackberry device works globally.
21. What happens if I lose my Blackberry device?
One can opt for soft lock or the user's IT department can remotely erase the information on the handset.